Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by P. Soo Quote
Yes Anvh, you can use selective editing with iPhoto. However, there is only one way to sharpen and image. iPhoto allows you to alter color temp. color tone, contrast, exposure, saturation, as well as remove red eye, do retouching, reduce noise, etc. So it's quite flexible, at least for my average needs.
Almost all the more advanced controlls in iPhoto have migrated down from Aperture. Aperture dose allow you with brushes to selectively sharpen or blur, contrast or ad defintion to just part of the photograph. If you're good with iPhoto , Aperture is the logical next step.

Photoshop is image production software, Aperture is image enhancing software. Saying you can do more with photoshop than you can with Aperture, is like saying that if you're interested in being a truck driver, you can do more with a semi-than you can with a VW Beetle. But if all you're doing is driving to the grocery store, the Beetle is still just as good and costs a lot less. There are very few times when I find myself saying " I really wish I had a copy of photoshop." But really, putting my head on some muscle man's body and making the fish I catch look twice the size got old a long time ago.

04-15-2013, 04:23 AM   #32

PhotoFiltre is a nice basic to mid-level editor with a good feature set. Simple adjustments can be made fairly quickly using the tool bar buttons, or you can make more advanced adjustments by delving deeper into the menus.