Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #1

Help w/new lens

Hi.I purchased a Sears 135mm F/2.8(private party) prime macro lens for my K-m. I set the camera on M and the aperture ring to A. The lens just shuts down the camera and the blinking on the screen of "f/stop" is all that I can get out of it.I know the lens can be used because it can and has been used on k-5's. Please tell me how I can fix the problem?
BTW:The first time I connected the lens to my camera,it got stuck.Really stuck,but I finagled around with it and got it loose.My other Sigma and Pentax lenses are still working fine,so I don't think I killed my camera!
Thank you to all who reply!
PenPen

07-03-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try reading this

I think you need to turn on "use aperture ring" in the menu. I do not know where in the menu that is on the k-m, though. I assume that lens is either a 'k' or 'm' series.
07-03-2012, 04:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPen Quote
BTW:The first time I connected the lens to my camera,it got stuck.Really stuck,but I finagled around with it and got it loose.My other Sigma and Pentax lenses are still working fine,so I don't think I killed my camera!
Thank you to all who reply!
PenPen
Google "ricoh pin" - that may be the issue. Do not mount the lens again until you check to see if it has this pin on the mount. If it does, it will get stuck in the AF screw drive.

EDIT: try these:

http://www.theatreofnoise.com/2008/05/ricoh-lenses-on-pentax-cameras-ricoh.html

http://www.techtheman.com/2009/12/ricoh-pin-and-pentax-kr-mount.html
07-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #4

Original Poster
PenPen says:

Thank you !! Set the A ring to permitted,and now the lens and camera work just great!
Thank you so much!!!

07-03-2012, 05:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by PenPen Quote
Set the A ring to permitted,and now the lens and camera work just great!
Can you verify that the lens has an 'A' position on the aperture ring? If it does and you have it set to 'A' then you should be able to change aperture using the camera dial assuming everything is working correctly. If it does not have an 'A' position then you have what is commonly called an 'M' or 'K' series lens with no electrical contacts.