Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-07-2012, 01:16 AM   #1

flash af540 fgz and lock switch problem

Hello,

i dont know why but that lock switch is not doing its job. It doesnt "screw" the flash as tight as it is on other flashes i use. On an onld af200t there is a cirlce thingy that works like s screw and u can tight it up preaty darn hard. but this one is just a 180° turn and it doesnt stay in place if i gently touch it. Is there a way to fight this? Couse if i move camera i have a feeling that flash is not fixed, that it is moving. Its just a small movement, not big one, but i can feel it.
Can this be fixed?

Regards.

07-07-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Mine does the same thing. There is a pin that holds the flash in place, but obviously, if the ring moves too far, that pin is raised and the flash will fall out.

Sadly, the ring or the related parts need to be replaced.