Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Moo Quote
Indeed, and I was actually going to say that in my original post, but then I thought "any three prime lenses" was probably as opposed to zoom. I'm thinking they're talking about some kind of lens-switching arrangement (rotating turret?), so stipulating non-zoom there would make sense. OED gives "prime lens" as meaning non-zoom, and this quote is listed in evidence of it... But yes, not entirely certain without seeing the context.
As the quote refers to film making, they probably mean the revolving turrets common with film cameras, whether it be for amateurs (like the Bolex) or for pros (like the Arris). They usually had three lenses mounted, but if I remember correctly, there have been also turrets with 5 lens mounts around.

Ben

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, description, dslrs, equipment, lens, lenses, pentax help, photography, term, terminology