Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
SD card Problem

I have a new SD card. Put it in the camera (K 2000) and formatted it. Took some Pictures and was fine. Deleted those pictures. Went to the Columbia Gorge to the Kiteboarding for Cancer event. I took tons of pictures. Got home and wanted to load on computer. Went to load and it says no pictures. Tried to open card and says no pictures. When I go into the part that says "computer" it shows my sd card and shows that there are pictures on the card taking up almost 1G of space. I can't bring the pictures up even though I know they are there.
Thought I should add, tried on my husbands computer too. Shows there should be pictures on it but won't show them. As I was taking the pictures they showed up on the camera screen. Now they won't show on the camera either.

Any help appreciated. Pixme

07-14-2012, 06:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Is your SD card on lock?
07-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've used SanDisk's RescuePRO software to recover lost files from an SD card, it worked when Norton and other PC programs couldn't help. I think it can still be downloaded from their site.
07-14-2012, 06:56 PM   #4
Site Supporter

First, don't panic. There are programs that will recover pictures from SD cards quite easily, assuming that you have a problem. Recuva is one I have used myself and it found an entire days shooting and brought it back.

However, make sure you have a problem first! Stop and think everything through, don't rush into anything that might cause more harm.

What software are you using to 'load' the pictures?
What computer (mac or PC)?
Can you copy the files manually?
Do the pictures show if you put the card in the camera?

07-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Definitely download and use Recuva. IMPORTANT! Make sure you recover the files to anywhere but the sd card.
07-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
No it's not locked.
I'll try the suggestions. Thanks
07-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Was this a larger SD card than you have used in the PC before? There are several SD specs, and if it's an older PC it may well not support SDHC or especially SDXC. I once traveled with PC with SD slot and while there got a new SDHC card. It worked fine in the camera, but that PC would never read it, while a newer PC had no problems.
07-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #8
Pentaxian

If it wasn't locked, lock it now since it appears to be corrupted and you don't want any processes to be able to write to it until you've done your recovery (which is a "read-only" process).

07-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

How did you delete? Using the PC? In which case the 1GB might well be in the recycle bin. Or using the camera?

As said, use some recovery software to see what you can get back. I've used photorec with success when a P&S all-of-a-sudden told me that there were no pictures on a card after 3 days shooting.