Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-14-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Help! dark spots on my optical viewvinder

Hi Guys,

I've been quite busy with my work for the last couple of months and haven't got the time to use my camera. As a result I left it in a dry box equipped with moisture absorber for 2 months.

I took my camera (K-5) out yesterday and noticed 5 tiny dark spots on my viewfinder. I tried the blower but it's still there and they don't move anywhere. I was stressed out and I blew it harder. Now, there is a tiny hair fracture, like really tiny and some rather opaque hair fracture I'm not sure what it is.

Then I tried to take some photos but those spots and hair fractures are not on the pictures, they're clean.

Does anyone know what could it be? And how to remove them?

Thanks in advance

Picture

Last edited by Bossy; 07-14-2012 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Attach picture
07-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like plain old dust, and perhaps a couple of hairs, too. It's inevitable that it happens, sometimes it takes our OCD natures longer to learn to accept it. I don't know if there's a way to remove them.
07-14-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is dust on the focusing screen. Most of us just give up trying to get rid of them. It seems that every time you think you've cleaned one, it's just moved to the other side and added a friend or three.
07-14-2012, 09:25 PM   #4
dms
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I also think it is on the screen. Remove the lens and blow (strongly) on the screen--carefully and don't touch it. (I like/use Giotto.) Also take a pictiure of a blank wall or sky at f/22 to make sure the sensor is clear (so the dust/hair from screen did not go to a worse place).