Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lighting help

Probably been covered a million times but im looking into getting a pair of light stands with umbrellas and a couple cheap muslin backgrounds just to shot my family and maybe a neice in my living room on occasion. I was looking on amazon and all the kits i find are set up with bulbs for constant light. I have a YN560 that i enjoy using and was going to get another one so i have a pair for the umbrellas. the trigger set i got has two slaves so im covered on triggers. So i guess im just wondering why so many sets are sold with bulb light rather than strobes and what types of umbrellas are best for simple portraits where there will likely be ambient light exept at night.

07-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Here is a link to one of the sets I use (I use with a pair of yn560's) -> Impact Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit DFUMK B&H Photo Video

Looks like they are out of stock but those are the stands (or similar) and light mounts you are looking for...
07-26-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Because with the advent of cool burning Compact Flourescent Bulbs (CFL), it is easier to use. Note I said easier, not better.
07-26-2012, 04:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by joe.penn Quote
Here is a link to one of the sets I use (I use with a pair of yn560's) -> Impact Digital Flash Umbrella Mount Kit DFUMK B&H Photo Video

Looks like they are out of stock but those are the stands (or similar) and light mounts you are looking for...
These look good. I plan to make my orders next week, hopefully they will be in stock.