Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You've just got a case of photographic inertia. It happens from time to time. When I've run into this, the thing that worked for me was to get out and shoot even though I may not be too excited about it. Once I take one picture...even one that seems obvious and not too exciting...I would see how I could improve it, so I'd shoot another. That pic would make me think about another way to shoot the same thing, so I'd take another. Before long, I'd find myself immersed in my photography again and enjoying it. It may not happen the first time you go out...or even the second or third...but you'll be making steps in the right direction. Learning is a series of plateaus. We climb the slopes and improve, then hit flat spots like the one you're in where it seems like we're not making progress. Keep working and moving. Before you know it, you'll hit another slope of improvement that'll take you to the next plateau or level. Also, make sure you're shooting to please yourself, as opposed to shooting what you think other folks might like. Good luck!