Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K-7 AF switch stuck

Finally got my K-7 back from repairs due to faulty AF. Turned out the screws holding the AF screen in place were loose (or something like that) so it wasn't focussing on the centre like it should be.

Sorted, I thought.

Got it back and put the 31mm on straight away. Took some shots in AF, looked good. Switched to MF, played around. Switched back to AF -> camera still told me I was in MF mode. Now the dial will turn only to AF and C modes, but won't turn down to MF. Yet the camera tells me it is in MF mode the whole time, and won't autofocus at all, with any of a few different lenses on it.

The obvious answer is to just send it back, but this company is really rather useless and it literally took several months for them to find there was any AF problem, so if there's any simple solution I'm missing?

Last edited by CWyatt; 08-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.
08-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
...so if there's any simple solution I'm missing?
Possibly the knob is not registered correctly.

If it were possible to pull the knob off without breaking anything then you could probably stick it back on the right way and thus get access to all the positions.

Perhaps give IRL a call and ask whether you could safely attempt a repair.