Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Using a CPL on liveview and viewfinder.

I have problems seeing the circular polarizer work through the viewfinder. If I use liveview to adjust the CPL, will there be visible changes in the liveview? I have a Hoya Pro1 Digital 67mm CPL for my DA* 50-135

08-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Are you using it outside? With blue sky?

I think I saw a video describing how CPLs work by The Camera Store, and you can see how it affects the sky/reflections in the video. Therefore, it should work in liveview.
08-09-2012, 11:03 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks, will Youtube up some videos now that you mentioned it. I was using to remove reflection from glass.
08-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Maybe you're using it wrong. It is ineffective both towards the sun and in its opposite direction, and darkens the sky most at 90 degrees left or right to it. I personally prefer to use the viewfinder, because you can see better what's happening through an optical path rather than digital. Also consider unscrewing it from the lens and playing with it a little in front of your eyes, to see exactly what it does. You will notice it has a white stripe which should be pointing towards the sun if you want maximum polarization.
$$$

Last edited by kcobain1992; 08-09-2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: I forgot my money