Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2012, 09:05 PM   #1

Missing Photos

I have a pentax k5. I took a couple of images yesterday. I was able to view them yesterday on the camera. But today those two images are missing. The folder is there on the SD card but nothing inside it. I took a photo today to check if the card is working and everything works just fine. But those two images are still missing. Any of you guys experienced something similar ? Please help me, those two images are really important to me...

08-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Google up Image Recovery Software. The files in your memory card may be corrupted. Make sure you always format your new memory card before using them. Don't format them now or you might lose the two photos. Wait until you retrieve your photos with a recovery software first.
08-12-2012, 11:41 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Recuva is good at recovering deleted files and its free.

Jeff
08-13-2012, 03:27 AM   #4
Site Supporter

I keep Recuva on my desktop. It sure saved a bunch of photos for me at times.

08-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #5
Veteran Member

If you loose photos, do NOT use the card again till you have recovered the lost ones. Another photo can overwrite anything that could possibly be recovered.

Unfortunately you have reduced your chances of successful recovery of the two images. Lesson for the next time
08-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #6

although you may be lucky (regarding overwrite) if it has a wear leveling algorithm