Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2012, 05:36 AM   #16

Aha - something else to try! I wasn't using flash at all when I had the problems, but as you say it might possibly be a battery drain effect. I'll try again in a few days using some alkalines, rather than rechargeables - perhaps the extra volts might help. I never thought that tethering might cause a battery drain.

11-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
P-K Tether working very well.

To give an update on my problem, it no longer is a problem. I started using the program for a weekly photo session for my church (taking group and individual photos for membership files and for a church directory) using a couple studio lights (Genesis 200s) with very good results. I have no idea what was happening before, but it apparently has corrected itself.

Yuri, I have taken photos in jpeg, raw and raw+jpeg with excellent results. At this time the only problem I have is remembering to choose the save to folder each time I use the program. If I do not set the file saving parameters at the beginning of the session, the photos do not transfer and the program shuts down.

I do like the auto save setting, too. Not needing to click on the save button after each photo saves a lot of time. I make several new folders in my save file before each session and then simply put the folder number on each family's information card along with the frame numbers of their photos, and after the session I can move the appropriate photos(by frame number) into the proper folder and rename it with the family name. That does take a little time but really makes it easy to retrieve the photos for post processing and for the family to review and decide which ones to purchase.

I think Tomasz Kos deserves a thank you for the program. There are a few minor glitches and/or bugs which, if worked out, would make the program run smoother, but it is a large step in the right direction. I thank you Tomasz.
11-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #18

Well, I'm glad it works for you! I'm still stuck with the original problem, almost identical to your original post. I've tried alkaline batteries, on the off-chance that it was an issue with the rechargeables' low voltage, but no luck. Any clues at all what cured the problem for you? You mentioned trying an alternative computer - I haven't done that though. The only think I can think of is reverting to the previous firmware before I updated it.
PKtether would seem to be an excellent concept - if only I can get it to work!
11-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Alan, sorry I do not have any idea what started my P-K Tether working other than I started using my studio strobes and slave transmitter and receivers for them. I did hook it up to a lap top and never had a problem with that hook up. I did revert back to the camera 1.01 and then reinstalled camera 1.03 again but don't know if that helped at all. Also, my laptop is running a slightly newer version of Windows 7 than my desktop, but then I have not used my desktop computer to take any photos lately. The only other suggestion I can give is keep trying and good luck.