Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #1

K-5 and Adobe Bridge sequence error

I would like to post an error I have found between the K-5 and Adobe Bridge.

Whilst loading 300-600 images from the camera to bridge I have found multiple sequence errors, some background

I shoot people coasteering in Cornwall, mainly jumping off cliffs and landing in the sea.

Settings as follows

Tv, 1/650 - 1/800 auto ISO auto F with a CPL on a 18 - 55 stock smc DA lens, (excluding bad light situations)

Quad Core HP Pavillion g7 using Windows 7 with Adobe Bridge as part of Adobe Master Collection CS 5.5

Two methods of download being:-

Extreme 16 Gb Sandisk card directly inserted into computer using Bridge to select images and download and,

USB connected to camera using Bridge to select camera and download images with all relevant updated drivers used.

On random occasions it appears as if my subjects are going backwards in time, the sequence being flipped. I rename images automatically through Bridge downloader but preserve original file name. This is where the problem lies Adobe screws up the sequence whilst renaming files so watch out for that one the camera is fine doing its job well but I think it is a driver issue between Pentax and Adobe ???? I have not suffered this with Nikon and Canon.
Anyone else suffered this

08-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can you elaborate on your file renaming? What information goes into the new file names, and in what order? That could definitely be to blame if you're not careful!
08-16-2012, 02:09 AM   #3

Original Poster
I rename files thus,
Open Bridge-Choose File-Get Photos from camera-K-5.
A dialog box appears, choose camera (K-5) choose custom name eg (Mon (4digit sequential starting at 1)) preserve original filename in XMP.
So output looks like Mon_0001.JPG XMP shows IMGP1687.JPG. The original file name is always correct but the Adobe Bridge jumps and may sequence say 3 - 6 images backwards. say every 20-100 images. I need to rename files so my customers have an easy time choosing and ordering images form my website. Thanks for reply Gary