Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #1

Disapearing pictures.

OK, so I am a real noob with a stupid question. so stupid that I don't even know what to search for.

Twice now, with my newly acquired K100D, I have gone to look at the pictures I took that day, and they were not there. I know they were being captured, as I saw them appear on the lcd review. The last time it happened, I noticed that the camera had been left on, and had turned itself off. I switched it off and then back on, and that is when I couldn't find my images. What am I doing wrong, and how can I prevent this from happening again?
Joe B.

08-22-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am not trying to be funny but was there a card in the camera? Even if there is no card on the camera, the picture should appear on the back lcd. Have you tried to read the memory card on your computer?
08-22-2012, 03:18 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've seen this happen with a bad card or a badly formatted card too.
08-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most likely a problem with the card, K100D will display "No card in camera" at power-up and also if one tries to preview them by hitting the play button. In addition, there is a SD card icon displayed in red in the instant review it the card is not inserted.

Cheers.

p.s. it could be a problem with camera not writing to the card also.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 08-22-2012 at 05:55 PM.
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Most likely a problem with the card, K100D will display "No card in camera" at power-up and also if one tries to preview them by hitting the play button. In addition, there is a SD card icon displayed in red in the instant review it the card is not inserted.
It also has a warning if the card is locked, so that should rule that out too.
08-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by blackcloudbrew Quote
I've seen this happen with a bad card or a badly formatted card too.
I kind of suspect the card, too. The seller includedthe 8 gig card with the unit, at a good price, too. One of those "too good to be real" deals. It tests out & reads ok, but I'll try a different card in it before I start my class next month.
08-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #7

Original Poster
I''m going to try to force it to do it again, with the questionable card and a different card. It obviously will make me much happier if it's the card. Instead of the camera.

Worst case, I set it not to shut off automatically and carry extra rechargeables.

08-23-2012, 01:08 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It shouldn't have anything to do with the camera turning off automatically. Once a photo is captured, it's captured. I'd reformat a card, in the camera, and try it out. I once had something similar, and the problem was I had formatted the card on my PC not in the camera.