Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2012, 09:12 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Problem?

Hi - I am wondering if anybody would know what causes this? the camera was a Kr with about 20,000 photos, and out of 40 taken that day, 4 turned out like this?

and the preview screen went weird white on some of the other shots, but those ones were fine. These photos were taken inside with an external flash (pointed up)
thank you

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-r  Photo 
08-25-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Would seem to me that the flash didn't fire, according to the EXIF: Flash Used No

I'm guessing you didn't give the flash enough time to charge and the option to not allow the shutter to release if the flash is not charged has been disabled.

As for the weird white areas on the preview screen, I believe it was showing you the overexposed areas of the shot.
08-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks elliott - my daughter-in-law was using my camera - and when i downloaded the photos i was freaked out. I thought my camera was broken. I have never had that happen before.
I will have to park my K30 and shoot with my Kr tomorrow. thanks again
08-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I believe the setting is called "Release While Charging", it is in the custom settings menu. That will prevent this from happening again, just don't panic when the shutter doesn't trigger.

08-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Your problem is that you enabled "ghost mode". I think it's in the paranormal setting menu. Turn it off with ESP.