Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2012, 05:46 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
At this point you would be better off selling it as a whole if you don't want to do film. If you want to try film stuff for fun we can help with that.
That lens would need an adapter and special metering to work on a DSLR.
The only "rare/vintage" lenses that will be going up in price (they already are way up) are the Pentax A series because they are the most compatible with a DSLR and people are anticipating a Pentax full 35mm size sensor camera body soon.

I think perhaps you should start by explaining what your experience level is and what you want to get into and we can suggest things, you will end up in a mess buying stuff otherwise.

09-11-2012, 05:54 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iNicole Quote
Thanks, I know this probably sounds really stupid, but I didn't even buy a dslr yet, so there's no way for me to test out the quality.
My original plan was to buy the "rare"/vintage lenses first before the prices went up.
Don't follow this strategy, you really need to know a lot about lenses before doing what you propose. More likely is you will overpay for what turns out to be junk.

Beginners should be looking at modern, cheap, primes IMHO.
09-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Beginners should be looking at modern, cheap, primes IMHO.
I wouldn't necessarily say that, I got my K100D body only, the first lens I bought was my M 50mm f1.4. Of course, the lens came from someone with good feedback on this forum, so I wasn't taking a gamble on eBay. Most of my other stuff was from thrift stores, yard sales and flea markets, so I inspected them before buying, still ended up with a couple duds though, but was never out more than $15.

I do agree though, buying the lens before a camera, unless you get an amazing deal, is a very bad idea and likely to lead to an expensive lesson.
09-15-2012, 09:44 AM   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
I wouldn't necessarily say that, I got my K100D body only, the first lens I bought was my M 50mm f1.4. Of course, the lens came from someone with good feedback on this forum, so I wasn't taking a gamble on eBay. Most of my other stuff was from thrift stores, yard sales and flea markets, so I inspected them before buying, still ended up with a couple duds though, but was never out more than $15.

I do agree though, buying the lens before a camera, unless you get an amazing deal, is a very bad idea and likely to lead to an expensive lesson.
I bought this lens with a film camera for 77$, the owner gave me 25$ back because of the little black thing in the lens and the oil spot, and the lens seems to be work fine, the camera shutter and timer works fine but i think the battery needs to be changed for the light meter to work, but I sold the film camera for 50$, and so in total, after everything, I paid 2$ for this lens!
I consider that to be a pretty good deal, even if the lens is not in perfect condition.