Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2012, 02:21 PM   #1

HOYA HMC 75-205mm K mount does't fit my K100D super

Hi,

I was looking for an affordable zoom lens for my K100D super. I bought a HOYA 75-205mm Zoom and Macro (420365) lens with a K mount.

I did a fair amount of research and believed it was compatible, having to focus manually. However I do not seem to be able to fit the lens at all. It looks like a K mount with a red dot and the correct bayonet shapes and sizes. If I line up the red dot on the camera body and the lens it does not interface. I can align the lens with the correct spaces in the body (i.e. red dots not aligning), so the two interface but then I can not twist and lock the lens in place.

There was a small pin on the mount that I removed, but still had no luck. It looks like the flange depth is too narrow to fit the K100D body.

Has anyone come across this incompatibility of a HOYA K mount before? Or am I just missing something really simple?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

08-29-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pictures would help. Not sure about the Hoya but a number of older Vivitar lenses had a large flange to protect the aperture lever. The flange hits the SDM contact plate on modern cameras. If this is the problem the flange can often be removed with a few screws and either left off or ground down on the Dremel to make it fit.

Post a picture and I can tell you better, I'm just guessing without seeing it.
08-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it really is a Pentax K-Mount, then it might have a long flange that 'protects' the aperture actuating pin. If it does have a flange, it shouldn't be more than about 1/2" in length.

Simple to fix with a dremel tool - first remove the black piece that attaches to the rear of the lens, then simply cut down the flange. Or, just leave the piece off the lens - it really doesn't *do* anything. If you do a forum search you'll come up with several postings that include pics.

If this isn't the problem, then it would be very helpful if you could post a photo of the lens mount.