Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #1

ME super stuck in B mode

Hello!

I have bought Pentax ME super yesterday. I already own K-r and this had to be my first analog Pentax. All the hype was ruined when I loaded batteries today and decided to try it out.

Regardless of the mode, shutter and mirror stay open as long as the shutter button is depressed. There is no difference between 1/2000 and B. Even the 125x mode fails. 1s, 2s and 4s times work as long as I remove finger from the button before the time runs out. If not - there is a quiet clicking sound indicating that something should return to previous position. Self timer works quite well, since it fires the mechanism quickly.

What can be the cause? I can't find any similar symptoms on the forum. Has something slipped beneath the button? Or is it problem with curtain system itself, broken spring or worse?

08-30-2012, 11:10 AM - 1 Like   #2
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
When shifting from 125 to B, do you feel any resistance or does it shift quietly?

Normally there is a plastic switch that toggles and could be installed wrong with may cause it to wedge the B mode on or worst is the tab broke.
08-30-2012, 11:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
There is a distinct click.

Self timer works properly, therefore it makes me think the shutter button failed somehow.
08-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #4

Original Poster
Due to limitations of my account I can't edit my previous post, so I'm sorry for this reply.

I have fastened the black shutter button screw tightly and it works. Thanks!