Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Inactive Account

prinzflex auto 2x converter

hope somebody can help me i just bought a cheap prinzflex auto 2x converter off ebay it is a PK fitment, my understanding was i would connect it to my KR attach my 200mm lens and hey presto i would have an instant 400mm lens, but no i attached it and my lens but when i switch on there are no F numbers and when i take a photo it is just blank, i have put the camera in manual mode but can't select the aperture is there a setting i need to adjust in order to make this work

08-30-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Does your lens have an aperture ring? If not, there is no way to control the aperture since the teleconverter has no A contacts.

If it does have an aperture ring, make sure you set the aperture ring permit option in the custom menu and it should work fine.
08-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Does the 2X TC has A contacts? If not, any lens attached to it is considered a manual lens. In this case the camera body does not know and can not set the aperture.

The aperture is set by the lens (effective aperture = 2 X set aperture). If the lens does not have an aperture ring, you'll take photo at smallest aperture of the lens X 2.

What is the lens you're using? A photo of the lens and of the TC will help with meaningful replies.

What do you mean by "it is just blank"? Can it be severely underexposure because the small aperture?