Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
09-16-2012, 03:40 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kokezuniga Quote
Mmmmm, very tempting, but, if I remove the top of the camera, do I lose the weather sealing?
Perhaps. It depends on how careful you are when you reassemble the camera. I got some Silicone spray lube and sprayed some of the lube into the plastic cap that came with the Silicone can (spray away from your open camera to keep overspray mist away from all the camera internals). I then used a toothpick and dipped it into the cap and applied a small amount of the liquid to the the seal areas before reassembly. That allowed the top cover to slide down easily. I believe that the seals are still intact, but I don't push it. I don't clean a camera with a garden hose. The camera has been in a light rain and also in the snow since the repair, no problems.

11-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Finally i fix it, just remove the top of the camer (really easy, just 3 screws), the I have to bend a little a plastic circuit (don't know the exact word) to acces the screws that goes on the flash shoe, I remove 2 of them and replace it with some longer ones so, and that's all, now the flash shoe its ok

I loss abou 3 kg, sweatting like a race horse, praying to god for not break anything.

The K-5 it's ok, and shooting with no problems
11-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congratulations, and well done! The first time you open a camera or lens is very stressful, and you clearly thought about this long and hard before attempting it. I've never had to take any of my DSLRs apart, although I have done with my film SLRs and with some older and modern lenses, so I know what that feels like.

Like you, I live a long way from a Pentax repair shop, so I always look at the possibility of repairing things myself. Fortunately, Pentax gear is pretty robust, so the situation doesn't arise often. Did you use any thread fixing glue?
11-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #19

Original Poster
nope, in fact, I onley chage 2 of the screws, wich I remove from other part of the camere (jejeje) I'm searching to buy the 4 and replace it

Bye

11-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kokezuniga Quote
nope, in fact, I onley chage 2 of the screws, wich I remove from other part of the camere (jejeje) I'm searching to buy the 4 and replace it

Bye
Yes, job well done!