Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-08-2012, 03:42 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Super-A / Super Program film winder and rewind button problem

So, i finished film, unload it. Loaded new one and tried to rewind it. No luck. Shutter won't cook. Also rewind button struck in "inside" position.
Sorry, it's a bit hard to explain, due of my English

So i made video, i think you can see the problem.

I found those threads https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/123896-pentax-m...d-problem.html https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/79107-me-super...ton-stuck.html

Maybe i also should try to fix it with screwdriver?

09-08-2012, 04:53 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pull the film advance lever COMPLETELY to the right.
09-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
Giveaway winner!

Photos: Albums
Could I get a snap-shot of the current shutter curtain position as scene from the inside of the film compartment?

It is possible that the shutter is stuck with the leafs not returning to full down position.
09-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MysteryOnion Quote
Could I get a snap-shot of the current shutter curtain position as scene from the inside of the film compartment?

It is possible that the shutter is stuck with the leafs not returning to full down position.
I am 90% sure that this is not the case. I have had the ME Super, which I like to believe is not very different to the Super A, and at the end of the roll, you couldn't pull a full turn of the film advance lever, because the film had reached at its end.
In extreme cases, when you get just an ALMOST complete cycle of the lever and then stop turning, it just hangs freely like his in the video. It's not like in the mechanical cameras (K series, MX, SP series) where it actually springs back in place. That's why I said that a full turn of the lever should solve the problem.