Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2012, 07:26 PM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
how did you get an image of how it looks through the focus screen?

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
The screen in my K100D is a dual split diagonal, I've never used a single split diagonal though to Mcompare, mine isn't an expensive one, just a cheap one from jinfinance on eBay.

09-24-2012, 07:32 PM   #17
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
how did you get an image of how it looks through the focus screen?
Just used a point and shoot, don't remember doing anything special, maybe manual focus.
09-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Original Poster
So, you put your point and shoot up to the viewfinder?

QuoteOriginally posted by elliott Quote
Just used a point and shoot, don't remember doing anything special, maybe manual focus.
09-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Yes, I think it would work better with one that has a good macro focus mode, the one I used doesn't. I've seen some that are able to get the whole screen and even the LED display at the bottom in the shot.

09-25-2012, 06:36 AM   #20
Pentaxian

I prefer the horizontal also. It's also what I was used to with a couple of film cameras through the years. I had one of the dual horizontal split screens from ebay and hated it.
09-25-2012, 06:43 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Elliot- What's nice about that screen you have is the outer microprism nring. Many times when using long lenses the split screen can black out, but the microprism is there so you can still focus. Nice. I really need to get one!

Regards,
09-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I find, as Dave commented that the micro-prism collar is very useful, not just when the screen blacks out but especially focusing with fast lenses. the image just "pops" when you hit focus.

I have not used a horizontal split since playing with my mothers Nikon FE, My own camera with split image was a ricoh XR-2s which came with a diagonal split, that I always liked better than a horizontal.

That's what attracted me to the jinfinance diagonal split image screens in the first place
09-26-2012, 12:53 PM   #23
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
getting a second K20D
For me when using multiple body set ups, I always try to keep everything identical i.e. screens, grips etc. It just makes the handling so much quicker on "automatic auto pilot" when switching between bodies on a shoot.

I use Katzeye's with optibrite on all my bodies.