Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Quincy,Ma.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 224
Auto ISO

Un less I am Blind and did not see it in the manual, can you set the ISO at 100 ISO , and do manual ISO all the time

09-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,624
Sorry, I find your question confusing:

Are you asking - can you set the camera to ISO 100, and then control the ISO with one of your e-dials (without using the ISO button)?
Or are you asking - can you set the camera to ISO 100 and set it to AUTO-ISO?
09-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #3
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Quincy,Ma.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 224
Original Poster
Is there away to set the K-7 at an ISO of 100 and then is there away to set the K-7 into manual mode for the ISO
Like I had on the K-10D :


QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Sorry, I find your question confusing:

Are you asking - can you set the camera to ISO 100, and then control the ISO with one of your e-dials (without using the ISO button)?
Or are you asking - can you set the camera to ISO 100 and set it to AUTO-ISO?
09-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
Site Supporter
enoeske's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Surprise, Az
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,888
QuoteOriginally posted by sqjaw Quote
Is there away to set the K-7 at an ISO of 100
Yes, using the ISO button and scrolling the wheel or going into the ISO menu and choosing 100.

QuoteOriginally posted by sqjaw Quote
is there away to set the K-7 into manual mode for the ISO
Yes, put the camera into manual mode. ISO is now set to manual or just set the ISO using the method above

09-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #5
Inactive Account




Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Quincy,Ma.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 224
Original Poster
I have tried the ISO button and scroll wheel and not able to get below 200ISO


I have gone into the menu and and the ISO will not get below 200ISO


So what am I doing wrong:


QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Yes, using the ISO button and scrolling the wheel or going into the ISO menu and choosing 100.



Yes, put the camera into manual mode. ISO is now set to manual or just set the ISO using the method above
09-14-2012, 06:58 AM   #6
Pentaxian
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 15,314
QuoteOriginally posted by sqjaw Quote
I have tried the ISO button and scroll wheel and not able to get below 200ISO


I have gone into the menu and and the ISO will not get below 200ISO


So what am I doing wrong:
turn off shadow and highlight protect.

with these functions enabled it doubles the minimum ISO setting
09-14-2012, 06:59 AM   #7
Pentaxian
newmikey's Avatar

Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,463
Switch off DR extension in the menu. (Highlight correction & Shadow correction)
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
iso, pentax help
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's going on? K5, Av and auto-iso drec Pentax K-5 16 09-28-2012 12:06 AM
K5 Flash and Auto ISO charleychen Pentax K-5 12 10-10-2011 03:56 AM
Auto ISO in video gybp Pentax K-5 5 03-31-2011 03:28 AM
Auto ISO in Av Mode v5planet Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 8 03-30-2011 09:46 AM
[Auto-ISO] so, is the K5 and Kr brave enough to use max iso? Reportage Pentax K-5 13 10-24-2010 03:30 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:14 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top