Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #1

K-x - LCD Screen Blank

I have a Pentax K-x - only a year old and the LCD screen is now blank. The camera turns on, blue status light, the camera does take pictures, but cannot change any functions. All function buttons are working properly but no display. Changed the batteries twice but no luck. Any suggestions?

Len Cirillo, Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

09-15-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check to see if the display is active? Hit the info button to cycle through turning the display on/off. If that does not work, I don't know.
09-15-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome aboard. What Jatrax said - while the camera is on hit the info button and cycle through the various display choices for the LCD - one of them is "off".
09-16-2012, 03:22 AM   #4

Original Poster
Tried that, and still no luck, is there a fully reboot / default camera setting that I can do, maybe it needs this.

Thanks in advance..

09-16-2012, 04:02 AM   #5

Original Poster
Is there a possibility that I accidentally activated a setting with disabled the LCD / Monitor and now I can't turn it on again? I found how to reset the camera but since I can't see anything on the monitor I can't figure out where I am to do the reset. I don't think the LCD is toast since the remainder of the camera and functions are working.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.
09-16-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cirlen Quote
Is there a possibility that I accidentally activated a setting with disabled the LCD / Monitor and now I can't turn it on again? I found how to reset the camera but since I can't see anything on the monitor I can't figure out where I am to do the reset. I don't think the LCD is toast since the remainder of the camera and functions are working.

Any other suggestions.

Thanks for everyone's help on this.
I cannot think of anything. It would be rather odd to have such a function that survived a reset. I am afraid you will need to send it off for repair.
09-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks for your time and help, we have a Pentax repair site in Mississauga which I will bring in sometime this week and post the outcome here.

Len.
07-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #8

How was this resolved?
I have the same issue.

Did it have to go back to the repair shop and if so and if you dont mind what was the approximate cost?

07-06-2014, 05:07 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cirlen Quote
I have a Pentax K-x - only a year old and the LCD screen is now blank. The camera turns on, blue status light, the camera does take pictures, but cannot change any functions. All function buttons are working properly but no display. Changed the batteries twice but no luck. Any suggestions?

Len Cirillo, Brampton, Ontario, Canada.

New or Used?
07-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Le Pew Quote
New or Used?
Not sure about the OP ( the thread is 2 years old) but mine was new
07-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Last post by the OP was in 2012 so somehow I doubt you are going to get an answer from him. Too bad, it would be nice to know how it worked out.
09-11-2014, 02:31 AM   #12

Jersey_m I have the same issue. Did you get your camera repaired? If so did they say what the issue was and how much did it cost?

My camera is 4 years old and I am wondering if it is worth repairing - if I decide against can anyone advise as to the equivalent Pentax I should buy today?
09-11-2014, 04:25 PM   #13
Site Supporter

Just FYI, but you will often get more response to a new thread than tagging onto a zombie one from 2012................

Cannot answer for Jersey_m and his last post here was in July so I suspect he/she is not monitoring the thread, but maybe he is.

As to whether the camera is worth repairing only you can answer. But with good used k-x's going for less than $200 I suspect a used one will be close to the cost of repair. The 'new' replacement would be the k-500, but if you are going to replace it I would suggest looking at the k-30 or k-50. Either of those would be a significant step up from the k-x.