Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good Experience (Overall) with Tamron Support

Earlier this past week I was putting away my camera after taking photos at a tennis match and noticed that the front part of the lens (Tamron 70-200 f/2.8) seemed loose and on closer examination two of the three screws were missing. I looked at various places trying to find something similar and had no real luck. I finally found an old radio that had a couple of screws that were the right diameter but were not flat head so they stuck out some. They at least kept the element in place. In the meantime, I sent an email to Tamron Customer support on Monday night. I didn't receive a reply so the next day I filled out a form on their webpage. A couple of days later I still had not received a reply so I sent another email. Yesterday I received an envelope in the mail with a small bag containing three screws inside. I used them to replace all three screws and stored the old screw that was left in case one pops out again.

I'm certainly happy to have the problem resolved but it would have been nice to have gotten a brief email letting me know that the screws were on their way. If nothing else, it would have saved them having to read two more messages.

09-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Good to know! I'm a big fan of the quality of my Tamron glass I've had. Granted, it's all been much lower end than the 70-200, but that may be even more telling.
09-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You might want to consider a drop of screw glue like Loctite threadlocer (make sure you use a removable type) on one of those screws.