Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #1

ME Super Exposure Compensation Dial

Hello, I just bought a used Pentax ME Super, but the exposure compensation dial is stuck. I've tried to turn it, and it just won't budge. I tried to research what to do with it, but it doesn't seem to be a common issue.. Can someone please help me? It's stuck at 1/4x..

Thank you

ps. Sorry if this thread doesn't belong in this forum, I just thought it seemed relevant.

09-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Sorry, can't help. My ME Super dial works fine and it doean't need any special technique to turn, it should turn quite easily and click into place. It sounds like your needs a repair.
09-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've had a similar non-turning ME Super, and some drops of lighter fluid on that dial freed it from corrosion.
09-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Also, try to rotate the ISO dial several times all the way. It interacts mechanically with the EV dial. If there is dirt inside, one or both of them can get stucked.

You are aware that, with bodies like the ME Super and Super A, the EV dial settings become limited if the ISO dial is in one of the end positions?

09-20-2012, 08:44 PM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for your input. I got it to work, just by playing with it here and there. Eventually it budged, but the ISO dial won't turn.. It has been stuck at 400...so I guess that's the ISO I'll be using for a while. I think dirt is stuck in there..

Thanks again!
09-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Just in case you don't have a manual, and never used a ME Super before:
to turn the ISO wheel, you have to lift it up by a mm.

After a visit to a beach with lots of fine sand in the air, the ISO wheel of my first ME Super got stucked (30 years ago). Turning it all the way a couple of times freed it for a while. But in the end it needed a proper cleaning.
Also: the possible settings of the EV dial are limited if ISO is at one of its limits, or one step away (but not at ISO400, and not at EV 1/4).