Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2012, 01:41 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K30 Av mode appear to be P mode

When i turn to Av mode but on the LCD screen only show the P mode? The P mode become as default always.

At first i can use the Av mode for sometimes but sudden it auto become P mode when i turn on my camera.
I encounter this problem few times. Do i did anything wrong on the camera so it will become in that mode always?

Anyone or any experts know what is going on here?

09-18-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Just changed ISO to manual in Manual mode. It works for me.
09-18-2012, 05:41 AM   #3

Original Poster
huba1991 it not work, when i turn to my Av, Tv, Sv, Scn also are in P mode now....
What is the problem here?? confuse??
09-18-2012, 05:47 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Does the camera screen change when you turn the picture mode dial? Or does the camera completely ignore it?

09-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #5

Original Poster
Screen show the same screen P Program Automatic Exposure when turn from Av->Tv->Sv->P->Video->SCN-> all show the same P mode, i think it just ignore it...
09-18-2012, 06:46 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Hm, can you maybe post a photo of your photo mode dial? Maybe it got broken. Did you try removing the battery,charging it up, putting it back in. And resetting to 'factory defaults' in the menu.

Edit: Also, this might be something you want to take up with Pentax, hopefully your camera is still in warranty.
09-18-2012, 07:14 AM   #7

Original Poster
Here i attached (ymfoo's Album: K30 Mode Dial issue - PentaxForums.com) photo the screen appeared the P mode when i turn into Av, Sv, Tv, and even SCN.
You said it broken? i do not think, so here i attached the photo on the mode dial too(ymfoo's Album: K30 Mode Dial issue - PentaxForums.com).
Would K30 that fragile? so called weather proof and seal camera?

09-18-2012, 07:15 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Edit: Also, this might be something you want to take up with Pentax, hopefully your camera is still in warranty.
The K-30 is only a few months old, it better be under warranty.
09-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ymfoo Quote
Here i attached (ymfoo's Album: K30 Mode Dial issue - PentaxForums.com) photo the screen appeared the P mode when i turn into Av, Sv, Tv, and even SCN.
You said it broken? i do not think, so here i attached the photo on the mode dial too(ymfoo's Album: K30 Mode Dial issue - PentaxForums.com).
Would K30 that fragile? so called weather proof and seal camera?
Pentax appears to be having some QA problems with the K-30. But weather sealing wouldn't have anything to do with the control dial going bad.
09-18-2012, 08:04 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Well, try resetting to factory defaults and taking out the battery, beyond that I am afraid you would have to get it replaced by the store. Sorry.
(Yes, I agree, a new camera should not have this issue, especially one that is rugged. Either it sustained a big hit, for example during transportation, or it is a factory mistake. Warranty should cover it.)
09-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #11

Original Poster
I did try reset and took out battery for few hours but it look the same problem occur
Seem like i have to send to store, sure have to wait for few weeks (no photography on this period of time) to fix on this problem. (at first i was quite impress Pentax camera (K30 is my first dslr) after encountered this issue few times now really make me drop some good impression on it.
09-19-2012, 03:29 AM   #12
Veteran Member

There, there. You are just unlucky. This doesn't appear to be a widespread issue. Probably just some cameras got damaged during transport or something.
Oh, but also in the store, tell them to show you how to 'properly' use it, just so you can say that you were doing it right and they cannot blame you for breaking it.
The K-30, by all accounts, is still a pretty great camera.
09-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #13

Original Poster
Yeah, i am the one unlucky maybe. I just sent to the Pentax services center today, they told me i am first one who send K30 for service too.
They even do not have any spare parts for K30 yet, just on the way delivery to Malaysia still. Hope it would'n need to send oversea(Japan) for repair.

Anyway i quite satisfied for the photo i took using K30 too, yes agree it's a great camera too, just i'm the "lucky" one ;-)

Beside that thanks for your(Na Horuk) precious info and help, really appreciate that.
09-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Thanks Ymfoo
These forums are a great resource. I honestly think a lot of people see value in Pentax because of its community (even though we sometimes argue over rumors of what Pentax will announce next )