Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #46
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok, this might be reaching, but......... In the photo of the lens - it 'appears' that the actuating lever is too far out - I've had lenses that sometimes work as they should, sometimes not. Try *gently* pushing (bending) the lever towards the middle - try to get it in the middle of the slot - worth a shot. See if that makes any difference.

09-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #47
Inactive Account

Original Poster
so, chipb, you say i should push a bit the lever on the lens towards the glass of the lens? the one that closes the blades? It is actually not exactly in the middle of the slot, just as you say... it also does not sit "straight", it is a bit like "\". coultd it be that the aperture lever does not make correct contact with it? could that be the issue? did it happen to someone else?
thanks again guys!
09-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #48
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wave trust Quote
it also does not sit "straight", it is a bit like "\". coultd it be that the aperture lever does not make correct contact with it? could that be the issue? did it happen to someone else?
Yep, I've had a couple of lenses that had exactly that problem - hopefully your's is that simple!!
09-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #49
Inactive Account

Original Poster
nope, does't seem to work. i've pushed the actuating lever a bit, but still black pics....

09-29-2012, 06:33 PM   #50
Veteran Member

At this point, and as others have said toward the beginning of the this post, you need to find someone with a current model Pentax lens, a DA or FA, even a kit lens (one without an aperture ring). Too check whether the camera sets the Aperture correctly, if this doesn't work then you will definitely need to get it looked at.

Aslo can to take a photo from the front, mainly the mounting ring and the workings inside.
09-30-2012, 07:06 AM   #51
Inactive Account

Original Poster
DSCF4096 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSCF4097 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSCF4101 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

some pics with whe mount on the body... as i said, the little piece of metal shaped like a wider upside down Ω is not connected to the mount on the side towards the red dot on the mount. - pic 1
and in the last pic (sorry it's that blurry), in the dof preview mode, when the lever is up, there is a little piece of metal sticking out (seems to be part of a spring or something, looks lihe a short black needle)
what do you thing, are there any problems inside the mount, in the aperture lever area?
I'd also appreciate if you could post some pics like these (with the aperture part of the mount) from a similar camera for comparison.
Thanks a lot!!!
09-30-2012, 10:03 AM   #52
Site Supporter

OK, one more idea as the camera *seems* to be operating correctly. Make sure the EV compensation is not all the way to the left (minus side) which increases shutter speed to the point that you get mostly black pics. This is the 'bar' that's on the upper right of the top LCD and shows in the viewfinder on the middle-right of the info line.
09-30-2012, 10:27 AM   #53
Inactive Account

Original Poster
nope, AV compensation is on 0.0. I've also disable it and still same thing with the photos...

10-01-2012, 05:14 AM   #54
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wave trust Quote
DSCF4096 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSCF4097 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
DSCF4101 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

some pics with whe mount on the body... as i said, the little piece of metal shaped like a wider upside down Ω is not connected to the mount on the side towards the red dot on the mount. - pic 1
and in the last pic (sorry it's that blurry), in the dof preview mode, when the lever is up, there is a little piece of metal sticking out (seems to be part of a spring or something, looks lihe a short black needle)
what do you thing, are there any problems inside the mount, in the aperture lever area?
I'd also appreciate if you could post some pics like these (with the aperture part of the mount) from a similar camera for comparison.
Thanks a lot!!!
Ok too me everything look like its in the right place....sorry I can post pictures at the moment, I'm not home until the weekend... when you took that shot in DoF preview mode what the Aperture set at what, that looks like it would be f22 or greater, because it moves all the way to the top.

Although I haven't tried it yet but I did try to take a photo without a lens on and i could not set the Aperture and there for there was no movement in the aperture mechanism.

As I said I will be a little slow in reply because I am on retreat (well supose to be, do this with the lights off)
10-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #55
Veteran Member

I just tried to do a DoF preview on my K-7 without a lens on and it won't let me do it. I don't know if the K20d is surpose to be the same, but to me something here is not right.
10-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #56
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdparker Quote
I just tried to do a DoF preview on my K-7 without a lens on and it won't let me do it. I don't know if the K20d is surpose to be the same, but to me something here is not right.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk 2
Just confirmed that my K20D can do a DOF preview without a lens.