Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Image Counter Problem I got a "-" in the sequence

The K-r uses the nomenclature IMGPnnnn,DNG to record images. I just shot a 1000+ exposure HDR Pano and my counter rolled over from IMPG9999.DNG to IMGP0001.DNG. BUT it also added three files with nomenclature IMGP001-1.DNG, IMGP0002-1.DNG, and IMPG0003-1.DNG. Because the photos are HDR sequences the order is important. These files appear not to be in order.

What does a file with a name IMGP0001-1.DNG mean? Where does it fit in the order of files shot? and how the heck did I make this mess?

Thanks for your help.

10-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They're in the same folder, right? It could be that the camera did this to avoid overwriting other files. The true sequence number should be embedded in the EXIF
10-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I think you may be right. I did get the correct sequence by using Bridge and Camera Raw to sort by date. The interesting thing is that the sequence was taken in order so somehow the three files out of hundreds I had with a dash in them were stored after three shots were taken after them by saved first. In other words the file with the dash was taken prior to the file without the dash.
The good news is that I solved the problem. I still cannot figure out what caused this to occur.