Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2012, 12:51 AM   #16

Original Poster
Hi all once again,

Thanks for all of your input. I recently purchased a K-5 kit and now have the Sigma 10-20 and the Sigma 18-200. I am now looking for a general zoom or prime that is going to be good for walk around shots. I do not really want to use the 18-200 for this as the sharpness is inconsistent and I am happy to spend <$350 on another.

Basically, I will use the 10-20 when I go on hikes etc., and then I need something that I can use in the city/general shots. I would not mind a prime but will the 35mm be good for this application? The Tamron still seems like a good option, but I no longer need it for landscapes so this opens up a longer minimum focal range. If it is still my best option, then I will get one. Another thing to mention is that I will be filming with whatever lens I get, so I need something that I can set at a certain focal length and then focus without having to manually adjust later in the film. Would the prime be good for this? 35mm seems like a good length, rather than 18.

Thanks for any help.

10-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Fareseru Quote
Hi all once again,

Thanks for all of your input. I recently purchased a K-5 kit and now have the Sigma 10-20 and the Sigma 18-200. I am now looking for a general zoom or prime that is going to be good for walk around shots. I do not really want to use the 18-200 for this as the sharpness is inconsistent and I am happy to spend <$350 on another.

Basically, I will use the 10-20 when I go on hikes etc., and then I need something that I can use in the city/general shots. I would not mind a prime but will the 35mm be good for this application? The Tamron still seems like a good option, but I no longer need it for landscapes so this opens up a longer minimum focal range. If it is still my best option, then I will get one. Another thing to mention is that I will be filming with whatever lens I get, so I need something that I can set at a certain focal length and then focus without having to manually adjust later in the film. Would the prime be good for this? 35mm seems like a good length, rather than 18.

Thanks for any help.
Secondhand FA35/2 maybe, if you want 35mm? This focal length on the K-5 equals the classic 50mm on film, although personally I like something around 35-40mm film equivalent as an everyday lens. Perhaps a FA28mm 2.8 secondhand?