Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Quantum Battery plus 1 pack problem

I bought a Vivitar 283 with a quantum battery pack (battery +1)

I have a flashing green light...when being charged yellow light and red light also on

I measured 6.5 volts at the battery adapter (module?) that fits in my vivitar 283. (it is rated for 6 volts)
When I unplug the charger the same place readers 1.5 volts no lights remain on.

The strange thing is, with or without the charger plugged into the unit, across the actual battery in the pack it only reads 1.5 volts
is there a reset procedure to fix this?

10-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #2
Pentaxian

I bet you it's time to recell the unit.

But IMBO, Quantum Battery 1 or 1+ (or all low voltage packs) is not worth the trouble. It gives you more flashes per charge, but does not improve recycle time compared to 4 AA Eneloop cells.

Quantum Turbo (high voltage pack), on the other hand.....
10-15-2012, 04:12 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
I bet you it's time to recell the unit.

But IMBO, Quantum Battery 1 or 1+ (or all low voltage packs) is not worth the trouble. It gives you more flashes per charge, but does not improve recycle time compared to 4 AA Eneloop cells.

Quantum Turbo (high voltage pack), on the other hand.....
thanks!

I thought it might need a new one... less then 20 dollars for one, dead simple to install... likely save some $ if the recycle time is the same
turbo would likely blow my 283-85 right up!

thanks again

randy