Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2012, 06:07 AM   #1

K10d: AF-leds are not alligned in AF-frame

Hi all,
bought a 2nd hand K10d-body to replace my other defective K10d & noticed that the AF-leds are not alligned in the AF-frame.
Is it possible to adjust the position in debug mode or are they only hardware-adjustable?
Can somebody help?
Thanks in advance,
Jean-Marie

10-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jmbroekaert Quote
Hi all,
bought a 2nd hand K10d-body to replace my other defective K10d & noticed that the AF-leds are not alligned in the AF-frame.
Is it possible to adjust the position in debug mode or are they only hardware-adjustable?
Can somebody help?
Thanks in advance,
Jean-Marie
Are you sure it is the lights and not the focusing screen that is out of whack?
10-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #3

Original Poster
I've tried another focusing screen & have the same problem.
JM
10-16-2012, 08:28 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery
Hey JM,

I am also interested in your question since I got the same problem.
When changing the focus screen of my K10D to an microprism screen and then back to the original screen, the red focusing rectangle was shited a bit to the right.
I was searching the forum and all I found out is that sending the camera in for service is the only option which might fix this.

It seems as the LED which reflects the light on the focus screen might be slightly misaligned, I guess as result of my amateur-like focus screen exchange.
The LED rectangle is separate from the actual focusing area. So you still have to focus at the center of the focus screen instead of the shifted red LED area, as I understand it. There is no problem in using the camera as usual, the focus is not affected by this afaik, its just damn annoying xD.

Hope this helps a bit, if you find a solution please let me know .

Best regards

10-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #5

Original Poster
I've found a service manual in the web & on page 27 there is an adjustment procedure, it seems not very difficult to do.
Most important is that the misalignment of the leds has no influence at the focusing system.
I think I leave it like that.
JM
10-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It does not matter AT ALL to the performance. The led is an indicator only of what sensor is used. It is not the sensor