Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-19-2012, 03:45 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 123jippo Quote
really really? no can not say like that cos I not work in Pentax...but thats what I have heard from other Pentax user.
The PZ 1 had focus tracking and image size tracking, it had to do both. The only time it got confused was with my daughter on a swing, it was not programmed for sinusoid all motion

I have a post some where of a red shouldered hawk flying through trees directly at me with the PZ1. If it didn't do focus track the shot would be impossible. I will look for it and attach it.

edit note : just to be clear, the image size and focus tracking are predictive, as they were used to ensure that after the mirror went up, and you could no longer focus or zoom to frame the image, these functions continued along the trend they were following,

Last edited by Lowell Goudge; 10-20-2012 at 06:00 AM.
10-19-2012, 03:51 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
The PZ 1 had focus tracking and image size tracking, it had to do both. The only time it got confused was with my daughter on a swing, it was not programmed for sinusoid all motion

I have a post some where of a red shouldered hawk flying through trees directly at me with the PZ1. If it didn't do focus track the shot would be impossible. I will look for it and attach it
Here it is

PZ1 and 300/4 with SMC-F 1.7x AF converter
10-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #18

To reiterate others here: Pentax is quite capable of action shots. Just like any DSLR you need to know your camera. Using the K-x (which has a less refined AF than your K5) I've had success with football, hockey and BIF. I use 5 point AF-C and burst mode. Make sure you keep the shutter speed fast enough to freeze the motion.