Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Sigma EF-530 DG Super suddenly won't flash

I have a K200D and a Sigma EF-530 DG Super flash. I have had the flash for a year and a half and had just been starting to get the hang of it, when it stopped working. If I press the TEST button it works, but, on the camera, no such luck. The camera flash works fine. Could I have changed a setting that caused this to fail? I just loaded in brand new lithium batteries, so it's not the batteries. I'd welcome any workable solutions. Thanks.

10-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter

One possible cause may be if you've set the shutter to something faster than the sync speed, probably faster than 1/180 on a Pentax camera.
10-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To erase any settings on the flash, remove the batteries from the flash for 10 minutes. Mine keeps the settings when doing a battery change.

Might sound dumb, but the the shoe may not be sitting on the flash mount properly. Loosen the nob and slide the flash into the hot shoe as firmly as you can. I have never had a dirty contact issue.

I have 5 sigma flashes three of which have been damaged and repaired between 1 and 4 times. They still all fire although the one with the 4 repairs is unreliable and has been retired except for manual operations.

Have you ever had an old film camera flash on your camera?

In desperation go to your pentax menu and change your settings back to default. I I don't have the 200D so I don't know if there is a flash setting causing trouble.