Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #1

K-30 - control wheels not working after taking a picture

Hey, I just got a new Pentax K-30 and I am very happy with it so far. There is only one problem. If I use the TAV, AV, TV or SV mode I can use the wheels first to adjust the values. But after I have taken a picture the wheels won't work anymore. I have to go to the menu or the taken pictures and back so that I can use them again. Is that just a configuration problem, a bug or is it really wanted that it behaves that way? best wishes

10-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It seems Pentax are not too good when it comes to firmware. It is certainly a bug as it certainly should not be doing that. Just on the off chance you have set some obscure setting by mistake I should try set the camera back to factory settings. I believe also there is a new firmware update which should certainly fix it.
10-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #3

Original Poster
Unfortunately the firmware update did not fix the problem. But is it the same for everyone or is it just a problem with my camera?
10-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Site Supporter

The control panel has to have the standby screen displayed. if you are displaying the status or file format screens it won't work.

10-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #5

Original Poster
solved

Hey,
setting the camera back to factory settings worked! I am not sure why because I didn't make any big changes in the config but it is all right for me now Thank you for your help!
10-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rukeslarer Quote
Hey,
setting the camera back to factory settings worked! I am not sure why because I didn't make any big changes in the config but it is all right for me now Thank you for your help!
good ! Glad it worked It can be a strange camera to get to know. There are a number of functions that do not work while other functions are set. Back to factory settings is always the first port of call