Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #1

K20 Mirror Flop

Hi,

Over the weekend, I decided to give my K20 a bit of a cleaning. Lens cloths for the lenses, and a blower/sensor cleaning for inside the camera...basically nothing that I haven't done before.

The next day, I was shooting with an M50, and I noticed that every single shot I took was exhibiting mirror flop-like behaviour. Essentially, I would look through the viewfinder and shoot my image. However, after I pressed the shutter, the image inside the viewfinder was a little out of alignmment from when I took the shot. Then, the next shot would always fire the shutter twice. This happened consistently with my M50, less often when I switch over to a another lens, and less often still when I put the kit lens on.

The camera probably has 10,000+ actuations, but I've never had the problem before. It's got me a little spooked, because I always tend to look at the worst case scenario, and I don't have the $$$ to replace my beloved K20 with something that I would consider worthwhile.

Has anyone had a similar experience?