Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is what mine looks like. Either you've got too many holes in yours or I'm missing one. The contact pin looks like a little ball bearing.
Unfortunately I've just realised I seem to have a sticking aperture blade. Thanks for bringing my attention to that...

Regards

12-17-2012, 04:19 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamesm007 Quote
The contact pin is in the wrong hole. I can tell by looking at the screws and lens retainer someone took this lens apart before and when they put it back together things gut ugly. Take a look at all Pentax A only primes as yours. What you are missing is the little white cap that goes where the contact is now. You can try to move the contact over by removing the back cover very carefully. Have a magnet pickup tool ready. A small steel ball will come out and perhaps a spring or two. Thats what happened last time. But just remove the cover slow and aperture ring slow. The steel ball you don't see that I am talking about provided the clicks as you move the aperture ring.

I see others give you links to repair. But just know its in the wrong hole!
@jamesm007 - well spotted & thanks very much. I'll see what I can do to fix it over Christmas.

cheers
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I got one of these in the mail today and it had a broken off leaf spring inside. There is no hole or brass looking thing as seen here in the 1:30 position. The empty hole here is the A pin and there is only one insulating plug as seen above.

The pieces missing are not identical to those in the A f1:2.0 version but they can be made to fit with some judicious clipping and filing. I know because the 1.7 and the 1.4 are the same and I put 2.0 parts in my 1.4.

Peace?
aoeu
12-17-2012, 04:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Taking a look at an A 2.0 I see that there is an insulator where the brass bit is in the OP's lens. The mount must have been changed at one time or another. Interesting that the metal plug was inserted but the A pin was not. I bet it went sproing on reassembly.

Edit: The two on the left are 2.0 and the one on the right is the 1.7

Attached Images

Last edited by aoeu; 12-17-2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: Added pic