Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
messed up pics

Using my K-5. Every picture I took take contained a person is "pixelated" Focal point was her nose. Any suggestions appreciated.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
11-07-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The image I'm seeing in the post looks just fine. How are you viewing the image? Are you trying to zoom in to the image as it fits on your computer screen and then it becomes pixelated? The pixel count on your post is around one mega pixel. Have you checked the resolution set on your K-5? Is it set to anything lower than the full 16mp?
11-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I agree. The image looks fine to me for one that is so low-res. Zooming in, it looks a bit soft but not outrageously so. I don't see any "pixelation" or bad Jpeg artifacts. How are you trying to view it and at what resolution.
11-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have to agree, the image does look okay.

11-08-2012, 06:22 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The sensors are very big. The sensor is way bigger than that little red square. If you are using the centre focus point, the focus sensor stretches out too the () markings of your spot metering markings. You can use this as your focus point, rather than the red square. Sinnce the shrubs hold more contrast than a bland face it has focussed on the background rather than the girl. The girls face is very small in the picture so I am sure the sensor would have over lapped. It will focus on whatever or wherever it sees the most contrast. You should have focussed on her stripey shirt. This is a bigger target and high on contrast.