Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #1

Pentax - K-AC84 AC Adapter Kit

Would like to purchase an adapter kit for my Pentax K, but despite some searching the internet has failed to name a supplier who has stock of the item. Would be happy to purchase a second hand one even, but again the internet has failed me.

Might have to build one myself, dont really want to, it is a bit involved for my limited workshop but will do if i have to. ? Can anyone tell me what the batteries do? Are they all four in series giving 4.8v or are they in banks of two giving 2.4v.

Regards
Deigh

11-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Deigh Quote
Would like to purchase an adapter kit for my Pentax K, but despite some searching the internet has failed to name a supplier who has stock of the item. Would be happy to purchase a second hand one even, but again the internet has failed me.

Might have to build one myself, dont really want to, it is a bit involved for my limited workshop but will do if i have to. ? Can anyone tell me what the batteries do? Are they all four in series giving 4.8v or are they in banks of two giving 2.4v.

Regards
Deigh
Check this:
Amazon.com: Pentax AC Adapter Kit K-AC84 for Pentax K-X: Explore similar items

I saw quite a bit on adapters such as this, and others, on the Net.

JP
11-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Might have to build one myself,
Have you seen this thread

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/175701-my-pentax-k...su-k-ac86.html
11-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Check this:
Amazon.com: Pentax AC Adapter Kit K-AC84 for Pentax K-X: Explore similar items

I saw quite a bit on adapters such as this, and others, on the Net.

JP
Yes, but if you look closely there is also a notice saying 'Not Available' !!!!!

11-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thanks for that, this could be the answer!
Will let you know how I get on!

Regards
Deigh
11-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #6

Original Poster
Right, had a good look at that message and downloaded it. It gave me all the info I needed to make one myself. I have now done it and tried it out a few minutes ago!!

Couldn't purchase the AAA to AA adapters in New Zealand so I made a couple of dummy batteries using 6mm jack plug females with a brass plug soldered into the opening and the outer tube cut down in length. The result is no exhibition but it works! I'm a bit embarrased about the look of it so I won't show a picture!. Cost, nothing, all parts were taken from my "Bits For Cannibalisation" drawer!

Thanks everyone for their help.

Still looking for a proper bought one so if anyone knows of a source I'd like to hear of it.
12-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #7

Original Poster
Adapter kit

Nobody has come back with details on where to obtain adaper kit so I will just have to leave it!!
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Nobody has come back with details on where to obtain adaper kit so I will just have to leave it!!
Well, if you have AUD $189, the Australian Pentax distributor has it for sale on their web shop:

https://www.crkennedy.com.au/pentax/index.php?q=node/173

or here it is for $AUD 159:

http://www.digitalcamerawarehouse.com.au/prod8024.htm

You could also search for 'KM' or "K2000' AC Adapter kit. It's all the same as the K-x one.

12-09-2012, 06:35 PM   #9

Original Poster
adapter Kit

Sorry, but that is not the total thing, it is merely the voltage dropper. What is essential and not available is the adapter part that goes inside the camera and replaces the actual batteries.

Thanks anyway, will search for the KM and K2000, and see what happens.
12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #10

Original Poster
Pentax AC Adapter Kit #K-AC84E

Apology, this firm still advertises it as required, have e-mail asking for confirmation of stock.!

12-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #11
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Apology, this firm still advertises it as required, have e-mail asking for confirmation of stock.!

Good !

I hope you finally get one of those !

JP
12-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Good !

I hope you finally get one of those !

JP
nope! As I expected the firm replied to my e-mail admitting they have no stock!
12-12-2012, 07:05 PM   #13
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Couldn't purchase the AAA to AA adapters
I have purchased a length of hardwood dowel from my local hardware store the same diameter as AA batteries, cut the dowel to the same length as AA batteries and attached wire to attach to an external regulated DC power supply. It has always worked wherever I wanted to switch a device from battery to AC power.
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #14

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
I have purchased a length of hardwood dowel from my local hardware store the same diameter as AA batteries, cut the dowel to the same length as AA batteries and attached wire to attach to an external regulated DC power supply. It has always worked wherever I wanted to switch a device from battery to AC power.
Good for you, mine still works well too.
Deigh