Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2012, 11:56 PM   #1

Pentax K-5 LCD problem?

I wouldlike to describe problem with photos view on LCD screen in my Pentax K-5. Ibought camera in Poland. I observe strange behavior of camera’s LCD form daywhen I bought it. During watching the photo on LCD I can observe that displayedphoto on screen, after ~0.5sec. is scale up. I observe this problem on eachphoto. When I went to service in Poland they told me that it is normally. I wrote emial to English service(described this problem) but I am waitting ~3 weeks without any answer? Could you write me what I have to do (this camera have 1 year) with thisproblem. It is irritate phenomenon. I do not know what I must do now?

11-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
you are saying that the photo's automatically get 'scaled up' as in zoomed in? if that's the case, then that's not normal. however, the dial in the back can be used to zoom in and out and there are options related to that in the settings of the camera (how much the initial zoom should be).
11-13-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Press Menu, then select [Playback 1], then [Quick Zoom], then [Off]. Press OK and the photos should not be scaled up any more.

I switched my K-7 to Polish and the menu items say [Szybki Zoom], then [Wyt]. Press OK.
11-13-2012, 12:48 PM   #4

Original Poster
You know when I pushes play bottom images near LCD and photo was loaded then after about 0.3 seconds the photo slightly increases. This phenomenon is visible in the horizontal photos. I check Press Menu -> [Playback 1] -> [Quick Zoom] is [Off].

11-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It might be that you have distortion correction enabled.

edit: On my K7 it does not make a difference if distortion correction is on or off.
But it seems that the embedded low resolution thumbnail that is showed before the picture is loaded is not fully stretched on the LCD. But on K7 it's only a few pixels that differ so it's not easy to notice the difference.

Last edited by Fogel70; 11-13-2012 at 01:48 PM.
11-13-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A silly question but have you tried resetting the camera to factory defaults.
11-13-2012, 11:30 PM   #7

Original Poster
I observed thing yesterday:
- I was made decrease the volume of photo from 10mln to 2mln and viewed
it on LCD the image does not change. Is it possible that big photos (RAW, RAW+,
10mln -file jpg) can slightly increases during watching on LCD. It is standard?
In my opinion it is a camera defect.

11-14-2012, 03:44 AM   #8

I had a similar problem, but the other way round. When I zoomed into the playback using the back wheel, the image would then jump back to full size. If I used the buttons (I think ISO and exposure over-ride), which can also increase & decrease the zoom, the picture was stable. I took the camera in and they exchanged it for me.

The problem you indicate is not normal and there is something wrong with the camera (I'm sorry to say).

My present K5 works well and does not have any problems!