Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-14-2012, 06:49 AM   #1

K10d not recognising AF lens

I have a K10d and it has stopped recognizing AF lens when I put an AF lens in it asks to input the focal length for the shake control and when ive done that it says MF in the view finder .this is with all AF lens's including the Pentax kit lens's

11-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First step is to make sure the contacts are clean. Carefully clean the contacts in the body mount (and in the lens as well to make sure). You can use an eraser or a very fine grit sandpaper GENTLY. Check to see if any of the contacts look damaged or different.
Hope this helps.

Thanks,
11-14-2012, 07:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter

In addition to cleaning the contact points, make sure all the screws for your body's mounting flange are snug. When mounting a lens, hold in the release button, turn the lens all the way into the mount, release the lens release button and turn the lens backwards in the mount until the lock clicks. If you still do not have full lens functioning, try slowly rocking the lens slightly clockwise / counter-clockwise and watch to see if you get a connection.
11-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #4

Original Poster
Well I combined the advice given by both ismaelg and Jim Johnson and it worked I honestly cant say which as I did them both at the same time. but I would like to thank both of you

11-14-2012, 12:27 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Since I wrote first I should get 51% of the credit!

Just kidding
Glad it worked!

Thanks,