Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax PK K lens to Sony Alpha A MA mount adapter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hello dear pentaxians

i would like to buy Pentax PK K lens to Sony Alpha A MA mount adapter because i would like to share my manual pk lenses with father in law (Sony alpha a550)

i am trying to find the correct one, but so many forum posts are everywhere about problems with wrong, or third party adapters. I really dont want to buy cheap one. i am looking for quality one with infinity focus.

Could someone help me ?

what about this ones:
Pentax K (PK) Lens to Sony Alpha, Minolta AF, Maxxum, Dynax Camera Lens Mount Adapter

or from ebay:
Pentax PK K Lens to Sony Alpha A MA Mount Adapter Ring with Glass Infinity Focus | eBay

Pentax PK K Lens to Minolta Sony Alpha Optical Adapter Mount A55 A65 A390 A900 | eBay

APPRECIATE!

Roman

11-15-2012, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

I believe all these adapters have glass in them which may affect image quality. The Fotodiox adapter specificly states that it is essentially a a 1.4x converter so it will change your focal length also. I didn't read the others but I would imagine they are similar. People have bought similar adapters for Nikon to K mount and vice versa with mixed results. At $39.95 you are not buying world class optics but sometimes this cheap stuff can surprise you. Is it worth the risk to you at that price? I think the recent popularity of micro 4/3 and similar cameras has been the ability to mount almost any lens on one without any glass in the middle.
11-15-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks for reply a lot

i see, is there anyoption how to mount pk lens on sony a550 without any glass in the middle?
11-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
any one? still looking for option. thank you

11-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There is no option to mount the lens with out a 1.4x adaptor and have the lenses focus to infinity. The glass elements are provide infinity focus correction but the cost is a tele converter effect. The optical quality is not great on these adapters, and is really best suited onto telephoto lenses.
11-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #6

The lens is removable on the Fotodiox adapter. You will lose infinity focus when you do this so the lens can only be used for close-up and macro work. Without the glass the adapter becomes a short extension tube.

The instructions on how to do this are found here:
http://www.photoxgear.com/download/glass-adaptor-removal.pdf

The glass on adapters direct from China may or may not be removable. You pays your money, you takes your chances.

I bought a glassless adapter for Minolta SR/MD mount to Pentax K. It is simply one of the "regular" adapters without the glass installed. No infinity focus but works well with my Minolta macro lenses and bellows. There is some vignetting at full extension on my bellows. I've considered enlarging the hole on the adapter but all I have is a Dremel to do this and that would entail grinding away a considerable amount of metal - the socket and threads for the lens retaining ring. Again it may be possible to remove the glass on these adapters if the ring isn't glued.

Last edited by Not a Number; 11-16-2012 at 05:27 AM.
11-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks people!

and what about m42 lenses? maybe its possible to mount them on sony alpha with adapter without glass element. Will check this option online. I know there could be problem with focus.

11-16-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by romansolar Quote
thanks people!

and what about m42 lenses? maybe its possible to mount them on sony alpha with adapter without glass element. Will check this option online. I know there could be problem with focus.
That will work fine, since the Sony register distance is 1mm shorter and the threaded part of the lens will fit inside the Sony mount.
11-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
thanks!

i did not find any posts with issues using any m42 adapters for sony, so i bought one from ebay yesterday. And because i saw posts with problematic m42 adapters for pentax, i bought today one genuine pentax one

i hope everything will work just fine

so now, check out ebay for some m42 lens