Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #1

K-5 or K-5II Loaner in San Francisco

Hi, in a nutshell I sent in a new DA 200mm 2.8 lens to Pentax in Arizona to have it fixed (98% of my photos were out of focus with this new lens which has a reputation of being very sharp) and included my K-5 as per the tech's suggestion. Upon getting my lens and K-5 back the problem with the 200mm lens not only persisted, but ALL the photos taken by the Pentax K-5 and ANY lens were out of focus! I must mention that when I received my K-5 and lens back from Arizona, both of them were in ONE plastic bag with no padding whatsoever between them, so the possibility of them banging against each other was quite high! I was pretty surprised at this.

I then sent my K-5 with the same 200mm lens plus a 50mm 1.4 lens to Pentax Arizona. I got everything back (this time each item was packed separately in bubble wrap), apparently adjusted and tested, but my photos are TERRIBLE: 95% are out of focus.

What I would like to try is the following: borrow someone's Pentax K-5 or K-5II and see what the results are using my set of lenses. If the photos come ot sharp, then the problem is definitely with my camera. Are there any Pentaxarians in San Francisco that would be willing to let me test my lenses on their Pantax K-5 or Pentax K5II?

If I cannot resolve this issue it seems I will have no other recourse then to say goodbye to Pentax. I do not want to do that, though, since I have been VERY please with the colors, sharpness and rendering of my shots before my K-5 was "serviced."

Ruspast

11-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
Veteran Member

try asking here -- Friendly Photo Zone website.