Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2012, 09:25 PM   #1

Question about buy k5 on the internet

I'm not sure is credible or not. k5 body(2600 Shutter clicks) and come with two lenses and flash
A Sigma 24-70mm 2.8 EX Lens
A Tamaron 28-75mm 2.8 MacroPentax Flash AF360FGZ

11-17-2012, 09:27 PM   #2

Original Poster
The price is $1400, it's seems too cheap for me and make me suspect.
11-17-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Seems quite a bit low, but maybe someone that doesn't know any better or just needs to liquidate fast.

Here's my sight-unseen ballpark worth guesstimates (new in parentheses) ...

K-5 ~ $600 ($800)
Sigma ~ $650 ($825)
Tamron ~ $400 ($499)
Flash ~ $150 ($230)
Total ~ $1800 ($2354)
11-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
Seems quite a bit low, but maybe someone that doesn't know any better or just needs to liquidate fast
The seller said he is a professional photographer selling his Complete Pentax "backup" equipmentall.
All the items are just lightly used.
Is that possible to sell on that price?

11-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not everyone sells for the prices quoted above. The fact that some people might pay that much doesn't mean everyone wants that much. I would argue the price reductions above are totally unreasonable and I wouldn't pay any of them. I'd buy new before I'd take a $200 reduction on a new item. You don't get a warranty. that warranty could be worth as much a s $200-$300 to you. So essentially , you'd be paying the new price minus the warranty with no depreciation for the fact that the lens is used. I tend to base my purchases on 50% of new price, and when I sell, I look for about the same. SO, the above could be quite reasonable if the seller is like me. I've bought everything I own that I bought using the above principle. I've paid just above 50% of retail for my Tamron 90 and 21 ltd.

The people I buy from often say things like "I'd just like the lens to go to a good home with someone who will appreciate it, and get a bit of my money back." And when I sell stuff, I often feel the same way. Not everyone is hell bent on getting top dollar for everything they sell.

So, I'd say it's totally possible.
11-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Not everyone sells for the prices quoted above. The fact that some people might pay that much doesn't mean everyone wants that much. I would argue the price reductions above are totally unreasonable and I wouldn't pay any of them. I'd buy new before I'd take a $200 reduction on a new item. You don't get a warranty. that warranty could be worth as much a s $200-$300 to you. So essentially , you'd be paying the new price minus the warranty with no depreciation for the fact that the lens is used. I tend to base my purchases on 50% of new price, and when I sell, I look for about the same. SO, the above could be quite reasonable if the seller is like me. I've bought everything I own that I bought using the above principle. I've paid just above 50% of retail for my Tamron 90 and 21 ltd.

The people I buy from often say things like "I'd just like the lens to go to a good home with someone who will appreciate it, and get a bit of my money back." And when I sell stuff, I often feel the same way. Not everyone is hell bent on getting top dollar for everything they sell.

So, I'd say it's totally possible.
Thx! I've decided to buy it!
11-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've picked up some obscene deals from photographers liquidating backup equipment.
Remember that these are business and equipment may already be depreciated, without the sentimental ties of a hobbyist.
That being said I worked with local sellers and was able to inspect the items.