Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2013, 01:17 AM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by marcusBMG Quote
To add my penny's worth: this problem is specific to K5, K30 and (my) K-r etc. Without an electrical contact, specifically to the 7th data contact at the half past position, the lens won't stop down and the green button won't work (nor will catch-in focus). It does not occur with K10D, K20D... (= my samsung GX20), the latter will operate eg green button even with no lens mounted. This issue is also commented on here albeit slightly different context
Jessops Auto Extension Tubes PK-A reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

I used a dremel bit by hand to take off the anodising and get the 7th contact to connect
Hi. Thanks for your input. As I have experienced, the problem also affects the K7 (I have both of them). Regards.

11-29-2014, 02:58 AM   #32

Solution

The last post is correct.
I have a k mount Steinheil 28mm 2.8 non a with an apeture arm.
The body is black anodized.
I rubbed the section where the contacts match up to reveal the metal - and all good.
Optical preview now works.
The aperture arm is a different shape to pentax and I originally thought that was the issue.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
GT-I9100  Photo