12-01-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Lens Fine Adjust Steps

Pentax K-5 camera
Pentax DA*60-250
Tamron 17-50
Sigma 10-20

I have 3 main lenses I want to fine adjust. I adjusted the Pentax to -1 and it seems much better. So how do I make the camera know what lens is in?
I was wonder if someone could explain the steps to do this and save for each lens. And how do I set the camera for each lens, since I change them alot.
Explain it to a child please.....lol

Thank You
Jack

12-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #2
Veteran Member

There is a lens ID for each lens.
In the same place you did the fine adjustment you can also do it for each lens seperately with the other option slider.
You can save 30 lenses i believe...
12-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

When you do a lens adjustment you have a choice of applying the adjustment to all lenses or the mounted lens only. (This is the case with the K-7, I'm assuming it's the same with the K-5). Applying to the mounted lens only requires the lens to have a lens ID. So your camera will remember the setting for your 60-250. I don't own any third party lenses so I don't know if they have lens IDs. If not, you would have to set the adjustment each time you mount the lens. But if they do have lens IDs then like the 60-250 the camera will remember the adjustment.

But you should only do adjustments if needed. Out of all my lenses, only one needed an adjustment.
12-01-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As noted on the k-5 you can set fine adjustment on a lens by lens basis. All Pentax Lenses with ID chips will work fine, that is 'F' series and later. Third party lenses (Tamron, Sigma, etc) are more problematic. If they are modern lenses they have an ID chip but the camera does not always have that ID in it's database or sometimes the manufacturers re-use the same lens ID. If you only have one lens by that manufacturer then you should still be OK. But I have seen cases where folks with multiple Sigma lenses are all identified as the same lens.

For example my Sigma 50-500 is identified only as "Sigma Lens". Since it is the only Sigma I have it does not cause me any problems.

12-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #5
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You must dial in the correction with the lens attached. The camera knows what lens it is and stores that information with the setting when you store using the "Apply One" command.