Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I can't delete images on my sdhc card on my K-5

Anyone else have this problem before where you've tried to delete images on the sd card and it just doesn't give you the option to select it? I followed the manual's instruction it just won't bring up the delete image screen.

SanDisk 16gb extreme card class 10

Thanks

12-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

did you inadvertently lock the SD card? There is a little slide switch on the card itself that locks it out.
12-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Formatting almost always works
It is a good habit to format your cards(in camera) after working with them.
This helps avoid any potential mounting mishaps when moving file to and from your PC or other medium. It also helps avoid any undue corruption over time, as well as insuring optimum performance.

Hope this helps.
12-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Have you tried to do the same manipulation, but with different image on another or different card ? Just a suggestion - J

12-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Franky2step Quote
did you inadvertently lock the SD card? There is a little slide switch on the card itself that locks it out.
Nope, I tried 2 different cards same thing.
12-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Formatting almost always works
It is a good habit to format your cards(in camera) after working with them.
This helps avoid any potential mounting mishaps when moving file to and from your PC or other medium. It also helps avoid any undue corruption over time, as well as insuring optimum performance.

Hope this helps.
I hear ya John, I format the cards always in the camera before using them as a preventative measure. I just don't want to do that right now with the pics in them
12-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Have you tried to do the same manipulation, but with different image on another or different card ? Just a suggestion - J
Hi Jean - yes 2 cards I tried and I can't get to the delete screen after hitting that little button.

12-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by richardwong Quote
Hi Jean - yes 2 cards I tried and I can't get to the delete screen after hitting that little button.
Have you pulled out the battery for a moment and then reinserted it ... sometimes this does things - J
12-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Have you pulled out the battery for a moment and then reinserted it ... sometimes this does things - J
Thanks for the tip Jean, just like I do for my blackberry. Unfortunately, unlike my BB it didn't do the trick.

I think I'll have to contact the dealer to see if its my camera. Darn.