Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by demp10 Quote
Well said!

But some of us just happen to speak (literally) that language
Thus the quotation marks -- our ethno-centric phrases don't work as well as they used to...

12-18-2012, 09:05 AM   #17
Forum Member

If you "rent" your DSL router from your provider you can call them and ask for a combo DSL/WiFi router. My provider offers them for the same price both buy or rent. If so you will be set.
12-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
Pentaxian

I was just looking over the EyeFi site -- it sort of sounds like you *could* get away with just a USB dongle for connecting to wifi networks, but not positive. It may create its own network that the computer can connect to rather than the other way around.
12-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
you think that is the case ? von? do they ( does someone - some company ) make a usb thing for that ? and heelers- unfortunately i bought my cisco dsl router a while ago, and have a dsl modem that it goes to or comes from ?

12-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glinda Quote
you think that is the case ? von? do they ( does someone - some company ) make a usb thing for that ? and heelers- unfortunately i bought my cisco dsl router a while ago, and have a dsl modem that it goes to or comes from ?
Is the modem from your provider or owned? They offer combo modems that double as a wifi router as well. If the modem is from your provider it might be worth a call.
12-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
ok, heelers , as i can't actually remember definitely if i bought it or it's theirs, will call and ask about that, thanks.
12-26-2012, 03:24 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
just to report back , checked and att , the internet provider, does have a wireless modem i could have bought, however, instead bought a wireless router to replace my wired router, and after a little hassle and a call to the medialink tech people, got that running - and the eyefi card too is working after a little hassle in setting up the card to the router, but all is working . this stuff always seems to require a few hours and a few calls anyway, thanks for the replies and help.

12-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Even new you are talking $79.
Wherever you are shopping for electronics, you are getting ripped off. Heck, you can buy a wireless N router at Lowes for $33.