Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #1

pentax k2000 AF stop working

Hey everybody,

Vevy nice to meet you here.

I have a problem with my pentax k2000. The AF has stopped working. I can only use MF, when I try to use AF mode, the lens seems try to focus but never did, it can not focus on any near objects. the AF signal on the panel keep blinking and can not focus. I can only take picture with distant objects, anybody here has seem issue and how did you fixed it.

I tried a few things, clearning lens and did customer reset, I had no success.

any input here will be greatly appreciated.

12-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Have you tried with another lens? It could be the lens that has developed a fault.
12-17-2012, 07:39 PM   #3

Original Poster
Does anybody knows how to reset k2000 back to factory setting, I called tech support today, they want me send the camera to their repair center, I just want to do something before I send it back since it has run out of warrenty.
anybody exercises this before? should I send it out or just buy a new lens?
12-17-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by yilinna Quote
Does anybody knows how to reset k2000 back to factory setting, I called tech support today, they want me send the camera to their repair center, I just want to do something before I send it back since it has run out of warrenty.
anybody exercises this before? should I send it out or just buy a new lens?
Go in to the setup menu tab (the one with the wrench icon) and you'll see a "reset" option.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

I would try it with another AF lens - one that you know is working properly. The problem may only be with your lens, not the camera.
12-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Go in to the setup menu tab (the one with the wrench icon) and you'll see a "reset" option.
Thank you very much! I tried "reset", nothing happened. it was "initial" reset, do u know how to do foctory reset?
12-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
I would try it with another AF lens - one that you know is working properly. The problem may only be with your lens, not the camera.
Thank you very much, but I couldn't find any other lenes at home, so I may bring it to a camera store.
12-17-2012, 10:15 PM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Have you tried with another lens? It could be the lens that has developed a fault.
Thank you, hopefully its lens problem but not my camera.