Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Need adapter name m42 to PK in reverse

I know that the adapter for using a screw mount lens on a PK mount camera is called M42 screw mount Lens to Pentax PK body mount adapter.

What is the reverse called? IE: say for some reason I wanted to mount a PK lens onto an old screw mount camera?

I would need male threads and a body flange but no combination of search terms that I can think of brings up the right item.

12-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

There is not such a thing. The M42 (lens) to PK mount adapter fits inside the K mount on the body. If there was a PK (lens) to M42 adapter, it would need to sit outside, therefore forward and the lens would not be able to achieve focus at infinity. The best approach would be to just get another PK mount film body. K1000 and MEs run $20 +/-.

12-16-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The only thing you can do with one would be macro work due to the adapter working as an extension tube.
12-16-2012, 03:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Unfortunately I know you are both correct. It would be for macro so I thought maybe.............

12-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Maybe get a super cheap (broken?) M42 lens and look for a adapter "something" to K that is as thick as you want it to be and somehow combine them?
12-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I took a couple of film cameras out of the drawer and looked at them; those little flanges would not be all that hard to remove. Just as an aside: I never knew that my ME Super had screw threads inside the K mount until today. My k1000 does not. I guess it was a later production run.

Right now I am just thinking about doing something and trying to lay it out in my mind.

Edit: Since this site is so well indexed and others may be trying to do the same thing, I will share what I wanted to do and what I did.

I was looking at an old Pentax bellows on Ebay. It was screw mount both ends. My favorite two stores, patrons here, did not seem to have what I wanted. I found a K-mount bellows set on Amazon for about $15 more than I expect the Ebay auction to close out at. At any rate I got it for $44 with shipping. Today or tomorrow I should have my new toy.

Last edited by Colbyt; 12-20-2012 at 07:13 AM. Reason: add additinal information